OnePlus co-fonder gets $7 million for his next project, here’s a list of investors
OnePlus’ co-founder left the company two months ago saying he wants to pursue a new hardware venture and it seems that things are moving fast. Carl Pei was able to secure a $7 million starting investment and some of the funding comes from high-profile players.
- Tony Fadell – Principal at Future Shape and inventor of the iPod
- Casey Neistat – YouTuber
- Kevin Lin – Co-founder of Twitch
- Steve Huffman – Chief executive of Reddit
- Liam Casey – Founder and chief executive of PCH
- Paddy Cosgrave – Founder of Web Summit
- Josh Buckley – Chief executive of Product Hunt
The firm is going to set up an office in London and is currently hiring personnel with 10 already on board. Unfortunately, aside from that, there’s no information on what kind of project this is going to be. Some speculate that it’s all about music hardware but with no official information whatsoever it’s hard to verify those claims.